Saturday, February 8, 2014

24 Dec 2013 - 25 Dec 2013


I have a special feeling to the heritage.
I feel they are very beautiful, have a kind of unique beauty, very attractive!
I'd wanted to rediscover the colonial beauty of exquisite heritage.
My wish was granted on last Christmas.
Mr Carrot, such as sweet man ~

Penang is the best choice as there has a lot of beautiful heritage.



We stayed in Chulia Heritage Hotel which it is just few steps away to reach the delicious Penang famous hawker stalls, pubs, and sightseeing locations.


Love the design and its simplicity





  
Mr Carrot brought me to David Brown's Restaurant @ Penang hill for Christmas dinner. Overall, it was pretty good, from the ambiance, service and food. 


British colonial building turned into a fine dining restaurant





Complimentary bread

Amuse bouches we had Smoked Duck and Salmon with Caviar and Fresh Leaves Salad

The cream of Corn with Parseley Oil and Fresh Basil

There was a live performance, they came to our table and sing for us.
I enjoyed this moment very much because it's fantastic.
On the other hand, the wind blown never stop at that dinner.
Too bad that I didn't bring my scarf with me.
I just could keep on requesting warm water from the restaurant to warm my body.

Strawberry Sorbet before having our main course, love it!
But, it was too cold outside to eat ice cream, it turned my hands more cold and face more pale.

My main, Salmon Roulette and Asparagus with Caviar and Horse Radish Beurre Blanc.
Yummy!

His main, Roast Christmas Turkey Slice with Traditional Trimmings.
He liked his main. I didn't try his main as I don't eat turkey but what i know from him that the taste of this turkey was way better than the last 2 years Xmas set meal he had in The Ship Restaurant.

Christmas Mini Bomb Alaska
I like this dessert.
Sometime you may crave for cake and ice cream at the same time and this may fix your problem.




Ootn from my favourite online fashion shop Twenty3.
My shoes from The Opera. I love their shoes very much especially this pair that I worn because it is partially transparent =P




After dinner, we returned to hotel and took a stroll around Chulia street.

Good lighting in front of the hotel entrance

Yeng Keng hotel is just right beside Chulia hotel.
The architecture of this heritage Yeng  Keng hotel is quite attractive for me.
You will know why once you've seen it!

Simple grey tshirt with black collar and chest pocket from Forever21.
Hot pants in jean material from 6ixty 8ighty which I bought from Shenzhen.
Bowling bag from Mango








Then, we celebrated the countdown of Xmas at a random cafe.









Next morning......

Free bike rental for Chulia's guest.
I'm not good in cycling, forget it =(
Love the climbing plant outside the hotel wall
I wish one day I have a chance to create my own green world.
Pussycat~ meow~







Aimlessly walked in a random street, casually had our breakfast at a radom kopitian.












After breakfast, we continued exploring the place around.





There was a 鬼佬 who we met on the street during our stroll, he told us he loves this t-shirt.
I quite proud of myself as I were the one who bought this t-shirt from H.E. by Mango.
The picture a girl in a bikini is the reason I bought this shirt. Sexy babe!









Reflection! Amazing!







Lastly......




Thank you for giving me such a merry merry Xmas ~

No comments:

Post a Comment